Nothing is more satisfying to me than playing a role in the positive outcomes on people’s lives that are achievable through a high-quality turnaround.
Michael Durbridge has over 15 years’ experience in the financial services industry, having held senior client-facing roles in business banking and advisory firms.
Michael has conducted deep analysis of hundreds of businesses and business models and is well placed to thoroughly assess credit risk, capital structures and contagion risk. Drawing on his career experience dealing with significantly complex financial structures, Michael brings a depth of knowledge that means business owners in the SME sector have greater access to turnaround management and restructuring expertise.
A sophisticated analyst who can take the business owner’s perspective and understand the stress and emotion surrounding a business in financial difficulties, Michael emphasizes clear communication of relevant information from complex analysis to reassure clients they understand every scenario available to them.
Co-founder of the Association for Business Restructuring and Turnaround (the ABRT) with Eddie Griffith and Ben Heaney, Michael played a key role in developing the ‘Executive Certificate in Turnaround Management Practice’. Michael continues to act as a Member of the ABRT Board and sits on the Education and Membership Committees.
Education, Professional Memberships & Attainment:
- Life Member, Board Member and Certified Restructuring & Turnaround Executive RTE® of the Association for Business Restructuring and Turnaround (ABRT)
- Member and Certified Turnaround Associate of the Turnaround Management Association
- Accountant (Professional Practice Certificate)
- Diploma Of Financial Services (Financial Planning)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) / Bachelor of Computing from La Trobe University